If you want to be a faster coder^ you should give the editor VIM a try. This course will teach you the basics.
- Code using the Vim editior
- Use Vim @ Work
- Be more productive with coding hours
- Join the elite coders who already use Vim
Vim is one of the most widely used text editors in the programming industry^ not because it s the newest or shiniest^ but because it can be found (or can be installed) on every type of system and more importantly it makes it possible to work / code must faster then you would otherwise.
Why doesn t everyone use Vim if it s so great? Well it does not have a standard GUI which means all the tools it provides must be memorized. People often think this is too much to learn at first and never try^ but with this course^ Jason Elbourne shows you the basic necessities to get up and running with Vim. The course won t take up to much of your time. They will make your day to day coding much more productive^ saving you time.
- Entering and leaving vi
- Understanding the Command^ Insert^ and Colon modes
- Moving around in files
- Editing text
- Moving content with delete^ yank^ and put
- Searching with regular expressions
- Customizing vi
- Filtering text through shell commands