- Learn the Basics of Threejs with many demonstrations and example code
- Setup a Development Environment using VSCode^ Git and NodeJS
- Install TypeScript
- Do a TypeScript mini course learning about Types^ Interfaces^ Classes and see it run in NodeJS and in the browser.
- Create a Threejs project using NPM and package json
- Import the Threejs libraries into our TypeScript code and serve via our NodeJS server
- Learn about NodeJS^ Express and serving ES6 modules to the browser clients.
- Set up NodeJS to auto recompile and generate project code upon changes
- Create (or optionally Install) a Threejs TypeScript Boilerplate for use throughout the course
- Learn about the Threejs Scene^ Camera and Renderer
- Learn about the Animation loop
- Learn about the Stats and Dat GUI panels
- Learn about Object3D base class^ and the Rotation^ Position^ Scale^ Visibility and Matrix properties
- Learn about Geometries such as Box^ Sphere^ Icosahedron^ Plane^ TorusKnot and more
- Learn about the Basic^ Normal^ Lambert^ Phong^ Standard^ Physical^ Matcap and other materials
- Learn about the highlighting options with the SpecularMap^ RoughnessMap and MetalnessMap
- Learn about the Bumpmap and Displacement Maps
- Learn about modifying the texture and displacement map UVs using the material options.
- Learn about lighting using the Ambient^ Directional^ Hemisphere^ Point and Spot lights.
- Learn about shadows using both the Perspective and Orthographic shadow cameras.
- Learn about the Orbit^ Trackball and Pointerlock mouse and touch interaction controls
- Learn about the model loaders such as the OBJ^ MTL^ GLTF^ DRACO and more
- The Raycaster and how to use it for mouse picking 3D objects in the scene^
- Mipmaps^ Custom Mipmaps and Anistropoc Filtering
- Physics with Cannonjs
- The Cannonjs Debug Renderer
- Understanding ConvexPolyhedrons versus Compound Shapes for Collision Detection
- Provision^ Deploy and Start our Threejs Projects to a Production server
- Install Nginx Proxy^ Point a Domain Name and Install SSL
- And many more very useful examples of Threejs
Welcome to my course on Three.js and Typescript.
In this course we will learn all about Three.js^ write it in TypeScript^ and also write a HTML client and server component using NodeJS.
The course is in 4 main sections^
1. Setting up the development environment and installing TypeScript
2. An quick introduction course to TypeScript suitable for Beginners
3. Creating the three.js master project template with the client HTML and the NodeJS server
4. The main threejs course content with demonstrations and code examples.
If you have experience with TypeScript^ then you can skip part 2.
At the beginning of part 4^ I also provide a pre created copy of the project template that was created in part 3. So you can also bypass section 3 in case you want to get straight into the details of Threejs.
Since this course is written in TypeScript^ section 2 and 3 contain very useful information that will help you to understand the additional TypeScript syntax and concepts I use throughout this course.
All code is provided in the accompanying documentation so that you can easily copy and paste^ in case you don t want to pause the video and copy from the screen.
TypeScript introduces type safety in our code which makes it much more robust and gives the IDE extra tools such as intellisence that we can use to help us find and understand the available Threejs properties and methods and code much faster.
Thanks for taking part in my course^ and I will see you there.