- Students should acquire the following skills:
- 1. Identify and use state and function concepts in Solidity.
- 2. Identify and use Ethereum addresses in Solidity.
- 3. Be able to code Structs and Arrays in Solidity.
- 4. Be able to code mapping^ test storage for mapping^ and use dynamic addressing.
- 5. Use constructors and control access to smart contracts.
- 6. Check test results using geth^ web3^ and converting hex numbers.
- 7. Be able to write a full smart contract^ deploy it^ test it^ and check the results.
This course covers key areas in smart contracts and Ethereum:
1. State and Functions.
2. Storage and Variables.
3. Structs and Arrays.
4. Sha3 and Keccak256.
5. Constructors and Addresses.
This course provides -
1. Videos of real-time processing using geth.
2. Tests of the material.
3. A practice test.
4. An assignment.
5. Links to key resources.
6. Downloadable code examples.
After completing this course you should be able to write^ deploy and test a smart contract. You should be able to check the results of your program by checking storage areas^ and you should be able to control access to your smart contract by using a constructor.
This course presents several key concepts essential in developing a solidity program.