- Setup system requirements for your Laravel applications
- Understand the basics of validations in controllers
- Create a basic web application that explains CRUD operations
- Set up a basic application to build a Q+A site
- How to submit forms^ process data^ and save it into your database
- Show processed data to the user^ create related posts^ an authentication system^ and much more
- Get started with building almost any type of app you can imagine
- Work with the PHP API using Gulp
Laravel is a free^ open-source PHP web framework^ intended for the development of web applications following the model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern. Some features of Laravel are modular packaging system with a dedicated dependency manager^ different ways for accessing relational databases^ utilities that aid in application deployment and maintenance^ and its orientation. Using Laravel s PHP framework^ it is easy to create complex business applications. If you re interested to build powerful web applications with Laravel framework and write beautiful^ expressive PHP code^ then you should opt for this Learning Path.
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
• Work with the Laravel directory structure and various artisan commands
• Work with Laravel routes and the Laravel MVC structure
Let’s take a quick look at your learning journey. This Learning Path starts off by helping you understand the system requirements and set them up in your preferred development environment^ including Windows^ Mac^ and Linux^ so you can start developing with Laravel.
You will start by understanding necessary system requirements for Laravel^ and how you can install Laravel for Windows^ Mac^ and Linux systems. Then you will look into creating and configuring your first Laravel application. You will learn about the Laravel directory structure^ as well as dependencies^ packages^ and installation with Composer. After that you will learn all about the Laravel MVC structure: routes^ controllers^ models^ views^ and templates. You will then apply all you have learnt to create a simple Web application with Laravel^ with CRUD operations and basic validations.
Moving on^ you will learn important concepts such as saving^ reading^ and updating database entries, working with relationships, adding authentication, and working with views and reusable components. You will also learn how to use routes^ connect a database^ add comments^ and build an authentication system for your forum.
By the end of this Learning Path you will have the knowledge necessary to put together basic Laravel applications and a foundation you can build on. Also^ you will be able to use Laravel to build simple web applications by getting to grip with Laravel’s framework and write beautiful^ expressive PHP code
Meet Your Experts:
We have combined the best works of the following esteemed authors to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
• Hiren Dave is a software engineer^ blogger and consultant with over 9 years of professional experience. He writes code in number of languages. He has a passion for developing web apps^ mobile apps and writing books and blog articles about programming. He has a solid experience of startups as he manages products for few startups. He is also passionate about researching and learning new technologies and trends. He has also authored a book Instant Sencha Touch^ published by Packt.
• J. Alexander Curtis has been building web applications for two decades^ and has seen the internet and web technologies evolve. Alex runs the very popular Dev Marketer site and YouTube channel^ teaching people how to build and grow their next great idea. He takes passion in building memorable web experiences that delight and convert users. He has consulted for well known companies like Expedia^ eBay^ and Comcast. You can find him on twitter as @_jacurtis^ where he loves chatting with his students. He teaches his students at devmarketer .io