Whether you re a beginner or a pro^ there is always something new to learn in Framework Manager
- Become comfortable navigating around the Cognos BI application.
- Understand the different applications in Cognos and when to use Query Studio or Report Studio
- Create ad-hoc reports to achieve quick^ on-the-fly reporting requirements
- Master complex reports that can be used by multiple users for multiple requirements
- Create charts^ graphs^ and dashboards for macro views of microdata… And drill into that microdata
- Build professional-looking BI web applications
- Automate redundant manual reporting tasks^ to reduce reliance on Excel and get more time back in your day
Framework Manager^ part of the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence suite^ allows users to model data to facilitate report development and delivery. Framework Manager acts as the middleware between the database and report-writing tools such as Workspace Advanced and Report Studio. While Framework Manager can appear to be very technical and hard to understand^ at its core^ it s a very simple application that just requires some basic knowledge of SQL and the end reporting goals of the organization.
In this series^ you ll learn how to navigate and master the components of a model or package. (Knowing your way around is crucial to understanding the application.) Then you ll design^ build^ deploy^ and test your models. Finally^ you ll apply security to the model, otherwise^ users would have open access to all tables and fields published in it.
The goal of this course is to make Framework Manager easy and fast to learn. While becoming an expert takes time^ this series is a great springboard into further developing or improving models that may exist in your organization.
About the Author :
With involvement in both manufacturing and service industries across multiple sectors^ Aaron has 20+ years of BI^ financial system^ accounting^ and business intelligence experience. His depth of experience from IT &, MIS demands continual process improvement and automation within departmental operations as well as zero tolerance for inaccuracies in management systems. Aaron is currently a consultant for Aronson LLC^ a firm based in Rockville^ MD.
Specialties: Cognos Business Intelligence (BI): Query Studio^ Workspace Advanced^ Report Studio^ Framework Manager. Cognos Impromptu. Deltek Costpoint^ Deltek GCS Premier^ QuickBooks^ MS Dynamics NAV/Navision^ Ross Systems^ Crystal Reports^ MS Access^ SQL Server^ MySQL^ Oracle^ Adobe Creative Suite^ Joomla^ WordPress^ X-Cart^ and so on.