- Configure Internet Information Services (IIS) and host a website
- Configure and manage a Remote Desktop Services environment
- Build and manage a certificate authority infrastructure
- Configure DFS^ replication^ storage spaces^ and iSCSI targets/initiators
- Apply consistent system configurations with Desired State Configuration
- Install container support and run Windows containers
Windows Server 2016 is the server operating system developed by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems and developed concurrently with Windows 10.
This video course starts by showing you how to perform system administration tasks for the more common features of Windows Server 2016^ including Internet Information Services^ Remote Desktop Services^ Certificate Management^ storage features^ and more. You will also master the basics of common group policy tasks and be automating your Windows deployments with Desired State Configuration.
Finally^ we walk you through installing container support and running Windows containers.
About the Author
Matthew Stone is an IT veteran^ having worked on a wide range of technologies over the last 20 years^ including Windows Server and many other Microsoft server technologies. In addition to systems administration^ he has also served as a technical writer. His current focus is on orchestration and configuration management in enterprises^ focusing on Windows Server and Puppet technologies.