- Discover the ‘Kubernetes way’ to build production-class container infrastructure.
- Get up and running with fundamentals of Kubernetes to get started with containerization.
- Discover the intricacies of the Kubernetes architecture and its useful components.
- Create and manage large-scale containers with Kubernetes.
- Enhance your learnings with practical^ hands-on exercises to get to know Kubernetes even better.
- Create^ run and scale your own Kubernetes cluster from scratch.
- Explore the other different features like load balancing^ DNS and more.
- Discover new ways to store your data and manage them effectively.
Containers are here to stay and we need a way to manage them. Kubernetes is the most important container-centric management technology in the world. This course will teach you the Kubernetes way of containerizing your applications in production.
You ll learn how to deploy Kubernetes on several cloud platforms. Further^ you ll learn to package your code to run in Kubernetes. You ll dive into the Kubernetes architecture and components and explore how they come together to build a production-class container infrastructure. Later you will learn to work with pods^ deployments^ and services.
By the end of this course^ you’d have gained the required skills to deploy a Kubernetes cluster and a simple application in a development ecosystem.
About the Author
Braithe E.S. Warnock is currently a Managing Cloud Architect for the Financial Services division of Ernst &, Young. He has had the opportunity to work with several of the largest PCF installations on an international scale. He helped build the framework for the adoption of PCF at top companies such as Ford^ Comcast^ DISH^ HSBC^ and Charles Schwab. As a vendor-neutral consultant^ Braithe enjoys helping people understand the rapidly-evolving world of cloud and application architectures.
Braithe has more than six years experience and specialization in global digital transformations. He has expertise in various cloud and cloud platform technologies (PCF^ AWS^ Azure^ VMware^ Netflix OSS^ Kubernetes^ and OpenShift) and also the Java and Spring Boot frameworks. He has developed over 100 microservices using Spring Boot^ Java 7/8^ Spring Cloud^ and Netflix OSS^ spanning half a dozen unique cloud-native microservice architectures.
He also has experience in developing machine learning models using AWS^ Spark^ and MLlib to support product recommendations and enhance customer data.