Creating games for iOS can be fun and profitable. This guide takes you from first principles right through to building an actual game feature by feature and then monetizing it. No prior knowledge of Unity or iOS is required.
- Create an AppStore account.
- Core Unity from the iOS developer’s perspective.
- Scripting using C#.
- Handling common iOS sensors including GPS^ Camera^ Accelerometer and Touch Screen.
- Handle movies^ music^ and other multimedia entities.
- Build game AI for the mobile space.
- Optimize and debug your game for iOS devices using XCode.
- Build a multiplayer game using Apple’s Game Center and Unity Networking.
- Build plugins to extend Unity.
- Add micro payments^ advertisements and in app purchasing.
- Target your audience^ and make money from your creation!
Would you like to create money making games for iOS? If so^ Unity iOS Game Development Beginners Guideis for you. It will guide you through the entire creative process of designing a game through to making money from it. This book will teach you the secrets of building and monetizing games for the iOS platform using the latest version of Unity. The book is linear and progressive so every chapter builds upon the knowledge of the last. You will learn Unity and the iOS basics necessary to get started. You will design a game for the iOS. You will build that game feature by feature. Finally you will publish your game and add the features that will enable your game to generate revenue. You have never built anything using Unity or iOS so we will begin with the basics. We will then move onto the basic features of a game: scenes^ AI^ characters^ accelerometer^ and input methods. Once you have mastered this we will begin the creation of our game – a 3rd person perspective dungeon crawler game inspired by the arcade game called Gauntlet. You will bring AAA quality to the game by adding co-op multiplayer so that your friends can join in and participate in the game. You will also add occlusion culling and beastmap lighting. Next you will integrate the game with some 3rd party services for advertisements^ micro transactions^ and in app purchasing. You will also integrate with Game Center. Finally you will publish your game for the entire world to see.