Unlock the full potential of iOS 10 programming with Swift 3.0 to build rich and powerful applications
- Write beautiful Swift code with Protocol-Oriented Programming and best practices
- Create rich views and layouts with responsive animations and transitions.
- Handle data^ both from the web and offline
- Integrate with iOS and improve the user experience with app extensions
- Make sure that your app is of outstanding quality with XCTest
- Measure and improve performance by using Xcode Instruments
- Embrace the latest extension features in iOS 10 such as the new rich notifications^ SiriKit^ and iMessage
With usage of apps growing rapidly^ mobile application development has become the most sought-after skill set. Within the mobile market^ iOS commands a massive presence and is a highly lucrative platform. The goal of our book is to help you become a professional developer by unleashing the full potential of iOS 10 to build applications. Written with the latest Swift version and following the latest Swift API design guidelines^ you won’t just learn how to program for iOS 10—you’ll also learn how to write beautiful^ readable^ and maintainable Swift code that’s in line with the industry’s best-practices. The progression of the book reflects the real-world development flow: it will quickly brush on the essentials at the beginning and then move on to the advanced concepts crucial to building powerful applications. Within the book^ you will build a couple of small applications that resemble applications you might want to build in the real world. You will be reading a mix of thorough background information and practical examples^ so you’ll know how to make use of a certain technique right away while you also get a great understanding of the how and why.