- Build and manage Hyper-V platforms using System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Adopt the cloud by upscaling Hyper-V with Microsoft Azure
- Optimize your Microsoft Hyper-V and data center licensing
- Extend VMM with other System Center components to allow private clouds
- Migrate VMware ESX machines to Microsoft Hyper-V machines
- Manage and operate your VMware platform from within VMM
- Integrate non-Microsoft hypervisors into your System Center Virtual Machine Manager solution
Hyper-V is essentially a hypervisor technology^ enabling a single physical machine to operate multiple operating systems simultaneously. Mastering Hyper-V is a practical^ hands-on guide that will provide you with a number of clear^ step-by-step exercises that help you understand how the products work and how you should go about them in your own deployment. More significantly^ you will learn how to build your own high available Hyper-V cluster^ while managing and troubleshooting your Hyper-V cluster environment. By the end of the book^ you will integrate System Center Virtual Machine Manager in your VMware environment^ build blocks to create a true private cloud^ operate your private cloud by using App Controller^ and understand the features of Microsoft s public cloud offering^ known as Microsoft Azure.