- Get and install OMNeT++ on Windows and Linux
- Start creating a Network Simulation with OMNeT++
- Produce powerful and professional looking network simulations
- Define the behaviour of your Network Simulation
- Collect data from your Network Simulation
- Understand and display the collected data using various visualization methods
OMNeT++ is an extensible^ modular^ component-based C++ simulation library and framework^ primarily for building network simulators. “Network in a broader sense includes wired and wireless communication networks^ on-chip networks^ queueing networks^ and so on. There are extensions for real-time simulation^ network emulation^ alternative programming languages (Java^ C#)^ database integration^ SystemC integration^ and several other functions. Learning OMNeT++ is an easy-to-follow^ hands-on book that walks you through the steps necessary to get a Network Simulation up and running as quickly as possible. This book uses pre-existing OMNeT++ libraries to prevent you from needing to reinvent the wheel so that you can implement your simulations with ease. OMNeT++ is a solution for creating accurate and modular Network Simulations. It will take you through all the steps necessary to allow you to create^ run^ and analyze your own Network Simulations. You will model complex network simulations^ and once you ve covered the basics you will then learn how to make your simulations scalable and configurable so they can become truly accurate and useful. The books’s practical approach will teach you how to create and run Network Simulations using OMNeT++^ as well as how to use pre-existing OMNeT++ libraries.