A complete guide for web designers to all aspects of designing unique website templates for the free Joomla! 1.0.8 PHP Content Management System
- Set up a basic workflow for Joomla! template design
- Work on layouts for your template
- Debug and validate your template code
- Use the W3C’s XHTML and CSS validation tools
- Package up your finished template into a working ZIP file
- Know the standard XHTML markup and CSS classes for Joomla!
- Create Suckerfish drop-down menus
- Get Flash content quickly into your Joomla! site
- Create interactive and dynamic forms in your Joomla! site
- Download and install Joomla! Extensions for your Joomla! site
- Use the wrapper (Wrapper Menu Item) for fully working Ajax applications
Joomla! is a free^ award-winning content management system written in PHP that allows users to easily publish their content on the World Wide Web and intranets. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Joomla! is easy to install^ simple to manage^ and reliable. The Joomla! template is a series of files within the Joomla! CMS that control the presentation of the content. The template is the basic foundation design for viewing your Joomla! website. To produce the effect of a complete website^ the template works hand in hand with the content stored in the Joomla! databases. This book will help you build templates for your Joomla! site. It will help you understand the options in dealing with them. It will help you learn about how to use multiple templates in the same site. It will advise you on creating beautiful Joomla! designs^ and using CSS rather than tables in your templates. The book guides you on using animations and other effects in Joomla! templates and provides you with tricks for tweaking existing templates.